In your business, you may have to regularly deliver or pick up a variety of goods from different locations, both near and far. Thus, it may seem better to have your own vehicle, a van, at disposal at all times. But does owning a commercial vehicle help? Let’s weigh all the pros and cons to help you understand –
- When the USP of your customer service is providing on-time delivery to your customers then owning your delivery vehicle helps. This way you can manage your delivery better by prioritizing as per needs.
- If pickups from vendors are a regular need of yours, then having your own pick up vehicle helps since then you don’t have to plan your day according to the availability of the pickup vehicle.
As a business owner, you may plan on buying a commercial vehicle as soon as possible. But such an investment decision cannot be made in haste, as owning a commercial vehicle has its downsides too. Here are a few things that should be considered as the downsides of owning commercial vans -
- The vans will not be used on regular basis and rest of the time it will sit idle. Thus the cost of owning a vehicle may prove to be on the higher side.
- Ongoing commercial vehicle insurance is mandatory in case an accident occurs at any time.
- Maintenance costs of commercial vans are also on the higher side.
What you considered to be an asset to your business may turn out to be more of a liability. Therefore buying is not always the best option, especially, if you are a small or medium sized business
Renting a van becomes the best option under such circumstances. But renting may not be viable since rent works based on duration or distance. And it may not always be possible to manage your delivery or pickups around your renting schedule. Thus, renting too may again turn out be costlier over a longer period.
Leasing a Van
Leasing a van is your best bet when -
- You want vans at your disposal on a regular basis
- You do not want take on the pains of owning it or the hassles of planning your day to day pickups around your renting schedule.
Van Rental Ireland has put together great leasing options that are business friendly for a defined period. The leasing options are available for both commercial and personal use for a period which you can control. We understand that like individuals, each business has unique needs for leasing a van, as such we have designed options which are both attractive and cost effective, that makes your leasing decisions easier, by –
- Completely eliminating the need to have a different rental agreement for vans of different sizes for your different business needs.
- No cost for maintenance and insurance.
- Flexible options of hiring vans on need basis.
We have different customer friendly offers like
- Leasing Solutions that compliment your business plans by helping you grow your vehicle fleet as your business grows.
- Upgrading or downsizing your fleet size as per the seasonal trends in your business, thus helping you get the most out of your investments.
- Upgrading or downsizing the type of vehicles you currently operate.
- Offering options for short, medium or long term leasing solutions that best suits your business.
Our team of experts always have a solution to your business needs. We have a completely dedicated division that has a nationwide coverage offering you a full corporate service. Our solutions are as unique as your business need.
Still have your concerns? Don’t worry. Our experts will guide you with their expertise. Call us on +353 1 8441944 or drop your queries and concerns on contact us page and let us get back to you at the earliest.